"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Much Ado about Nothing

Catherine has a certain flair for photography, don't you all think? Unfortunately, there were about a two hundred of these. She was particularly fascinated by the kitchen floor.






I have decided to go to Texas for Francesca's surgery. I couldn't even get the doctors here to call me back and I started thinking that if they can't even remember to call me, how can I trust them with my kid's skull!!! Victoria will have her cleft palate done too, but she will only need to be in the hospital for one night, while Francesca will be in the ICU for at least 3 days. The hospital said Victoria couldn't stay with me in the ICU, so my fabulous friend, Jen, who lives in Texas and has nine kids under the age of 7, has agreed to watch Victoria after her cleft palate surgery. I will be glad to get the surgeries over with, though I am dreading it too.


Both girls had visits at the opthamologist today. Kids with Aperts and Arthogryposis sometimes have eye issues, but their eyes are great!!! When Francesca has her skull surgery, the doctor will lift the corners of her eyes, which will keep her eyes from crossing when she looks down. They will also have to put stitches in her eyelids for a few weeks! Yuck!!

Victoria is so brave!


I love how Francesca is reading "Sport Illustrated" and Victoria is brushing her hair with a marker.


Victoria ate a new food today - eggs!!! She also ate an entire jar of Stage 3 babyfood. Our dog, Isaac, and Victoria have a symbiotic relationship. She feeds him and he cleans off her fingers.


My kids have started calling me very unique names. Catherine calls
me "O-ma".

Isabella has been calling me "gummy mummy" and Anastasia has always called me "llama mama". I'm hoping somehow these are compliments.

Francesca said "up' today and I swear, she sort of said, "I love you" and she tapped her heart.

The three musketeers


The big girls went to a friend's house for dinner, so I made muffins (you know the kind with the hard fake blueberry things that dissolve into delicous-ness) and eggs. We really had a nice time, just the four of us. Catherine gave Francesca an eggy hug and said, "I really love you Francesca, even when you scream".


Partners in crime.

What more could I ask for?!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds like a perfect day! What part of Texas will you be in??

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally love your kids! I always get this warm fuzzy feeling when I read your blog. So real. No perfectly manicured children and gleaming floors, just life, in your face! I wish more people were like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Texas near Dallas. If there's anything I can do to help, just let me know. :-) I'm an adoptive Mama of 2 kiddos with special needs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the surgeries! My oldest daughter's first cleft palate surgery went really well and she was out the next morning. She did have a g-tube at that point so they might put in an ng tube so that she can leave the hospital (unless she is doing really well eating by mouth). I love those pictures! They are all so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Oma" is "Grandma" in German. ;)

    Is there a "Ronald McDonald House" nearby the hospital? They might be able to help you out with housing, too. Best of luck. Like I said, if you ever come to LA for anything, please let me know. I'd love to help you. I have two little boys of my own and a big, sleepy dog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous girls!

    And Henry grabbed a cookie out of my hand yesterday and took a little nibble...first time he has voluntarily put solids in his mouth since I got him 2 weeks ago today!!

    Carla
    www.bringinghenryhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Tears! Your family is beautiful and I love seeing how close everyone continues to grow every day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also want to say I just can not BELIEVE the changes in sweet Victoria! She is sporting quite the head of beautiful, thick, strawberry hair! Francesca's hair is getting super strawberry too! Both girls look so healthy and happy.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!