"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, September 2, 2011

Ahhhh-Chooooo



I am still battling with a cold, so I have been using lots and lots of tissues. Victoria, with her NG tube, is also snarfling everywhere. I could really make a career out of sitting around all day and wiping her nose. Or I could just buy stock in Kleenex.


Today as I was hurrying to do the dishes, put hair in pigtails and clean the kitchen floor simultaneously , I felt a huge sneeze coming on. I reached out and grabbed for a tissue and wiped my nose with it. But, oh, the horror! Someone had already used the tissue and had stuck it back in the box! I was totally slimed! I was just like the guy in Ghostbusters. I grabbed for a towel and mopped my face. The towel felt a bit sticky, but that's nothing new around here, so I went on with my exciting life. But Anastasia kept looking at me funny, like she was trying to figure out some complex equation.
"Do you need something?" I finally asked her.
"You have dog hair all over your face. Are you trying to make a disguise?" she asked earnestly.

Upon closer inspection, the towel had been dipped in syrup and rubbed on the dog.

Always keep your eyes wide open at my house and don't ever sneeze.

4 comments:

  1. That's just too gross to be funny ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! Welcome to your crazy life :) Wouldn't have it any other way though, would ya?

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just cracking up! That totally sounds like something that happens here at Chaos Manor. You made my day. I know, sad but true. Shoot, it's almost 11pm and my kids still have not been fed & no one is even asleep. Long day so I really needed that laugh. Yes, always keep your eyes open. Hope you have a relaxing weekend. Stephanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is not amusing, but it is funny because it is real. I always think some the moments of your life should be in movies; I hope some screen writers are following your blog!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!