"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Big Unwrapping

Today we got to take off Victoria's casts. She gets new ones on Friday.



We celebrated with, what else, cookie dough. I really think cookie dough is highly unrecognized as a food group.


Victoria was excited at first.


But then, not so much.



No wonder her legs looked so big in the casts!




I'm not sure I noticed much of a change in her knees bending, but I guess it is going to take a lot of time.


She was glad to be free!


Don't worry Francesca, we're not forgetting about you!


In other exciting news, I just found out that we will be going to Texas for the girls' surgery October 24!!!! This is much sooner than we expected. Does anyone live near Dallas? I need to find someone who can watch Victoria on October 24th when Francesca has her cranial vault surgery. Francesca will be in the ICU, so Victoria won't be able to stay with us in the hospital. Victoria will have her cleft palate surgery on October 25th.

10 comments:

  1. I dont live in Texas...but I may have to move for a chance to love on those girls!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Catherine-

    My niece (a young mom of 2) lives somewhere near Dallas. Would you need someone to watch Victoria overnight, during the day? Send me some details and I can ask my niece. She is a very loving girl.

    Jane
    your mom/reader in Los Angeles
    jabreman@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I live in Wichita Falls. That is only about 1 1/2 hours from Fort Worth. So about 2 from Dallas. I could definitely help on the weekend before the surgery. I teach so I have school on Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope the surgery goes well for the girls. Glad Victoria is FREEEEEEE!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We live in the DFW area. We would love to care for her during that time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. These girls are just amazing! I can't believe how far they have come! Good luck with the surgeries!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We are just north of Dallas. And we're available if you need us. For anything.
    wooddellword@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where is her surgery going to be done? Do you need a place to sleep?

    ReplyDelete
  9. We live in the Dallas area, and I would be happy to watch her. We have 3 kids of our own, and then I do childcare form my house during the day, so she would have lots of friends to play with. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. My birthday!!!! (24th)
    God bless you guys!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!