"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, March 21, 2011

Addicted

When I found out our computer was broken, I almost sobbed. What would I do without e-mail and my blog?!!! How would I ever find anything without mapquest? But the computer has been gone three days now and I am starting to see the light again. I am coming out of my computer coma. I suddenly realized I was in an intimate relationship with a computer screen. I was a woman obsessed. I would think, "Oh, I'll just check it for a minute." But a minute always turned into an hour. I would hear my kids playing outside and just turn back to google. If one of the kids talked to me while I was on the computer, I would spit venom at them.

Today, since I had no facebook to check, I actually sat outside in the swing and listened to Anastasia read to me. I wasn't even distracted. I entered a race on a Barbie scooter with the kids, loosing four times in row!

My son is begging me to get the computer fixed. Maybe we won't. Maybe we don't need the battered, old hunk of metal!

Anyone want to buy a broken computer? It's got some cool Hello Kitty stickers on it! It makes a really great cat platform too.

Anastasia, pre-computer days, reading!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I am too! There are days I find it VERY hard to step away from the computer!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!