"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Perspective

Today, I got a flat tire. I had to walk over a mile home, carrying Catherine, who loudly decided she couldn't walk another step. My husband had to crawl under the car and tried to wrench out the spare tire, which was stuck. Many people stared. A fire truck came by and waved. I was quite annoyed about the whole situation. Whine, whine, whine.

My husband was grumpy too.

My children, however, are never gloomy. They can be happy and find creative things to do no matter where they are.


Later, I found out that both front tires were ready to blow, a rod axel was breaking and the brakes were bad. I have been driving downtown, on highways, in the rain in a blue ticking time bomb on wheels. Really bad things could have happened. As I watched my kids sliding down a dirt hill, I realized how lucky we were to be stuck only a mile from home, safe.

So, I climbed up a mud hill with my kids. Glad to be where I was after all.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!