"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Birthday Girl!!!

We have had a couple of very exciting days! Yesterday was Anastasia's 8th birthday!!! She had her entire day planned out to the minute. First, she wanted four doughnuts!

Then, we moved quickly on to presents. She picked out her present herself. She is a girl after my own heart, she likes to make sure things turn out just the way she plans!

We quickly zipped over to Great and Regular (the grandma's) house for more presents! Anastasia loves her stuffed animals! I always say, you can never have too many stuffies or too many books.


After the healthy breakfast the birthday girl requested we eat at a buffet. $30 and she ate macaroni and cheese, mandarin oranges and 5 plates of desserts!! Everyone was getting quite the sugar high.

The girls were in a play that night at church, which was fantastic!!! They remembered all their lines!



For the final thrill, the birthday cake. I am usually very creative with the kids' cakes. This cake did not turn out exactly the way I envisioned it. Someone, not to name names, ELLIOT, ate lots of the candy letters before I found them, so we had to put "Happy Birthday A". It was supposed to be a Harry Potter cake, but all I had were the Lego figures, which ended up looking like they were drowning in the icing. Though when I let Anastasia have two pieces of cake, she cheered right up.


Whew!! We didn't get to bed until midnight. Of course, little Catherine was up at dawn! I am so tired I think I need to go eat some birthday cake to perk me up. Out of the way Harry!

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday Anastasia!

    Looks like you planned a perfect day ;)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!