"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Check-Up

I had to go to the doctor to get a physical to adopt. Foolishly, I scheduled it for a time when my husband wasn't home, insuring that I would have to take all three girls with me. The doctor frowned.
"Shouldn't they be in school, or do you homeschool them?" she grimaced, as if she had just eaten a hairy monkey eyeball.

Then, she asked me how much I exercised.
"Well, I do have four kids." I attempted to joke.
She stared. "No, I mean do you do a cardio work-out four times a week?"
This wasn't going well.

Finally, she asked if I had ever drank, smoked or done drugs. I decided to be safe and say no.
"Never" she smirked.
"Well, I do an occasional reefer on the playground." I responded.
"Reefer, reefer", chanted little Catherine.

She hasn't given me my letter of approval yet.
I think it will really put a smile on her face when she sees my husband show up for his appointment next week, with all of us by his side.

2 comments:

  1. oh my, its good you have a sense of humor with 2 more on the way:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is to funny! Glad I found your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!