"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Mystery in the Night

For a while now we have had weird things happening while we are asleep. Weird things like pee on the floor. Lots of it. We assumed it was the dog, but how did the dog get pee so high up on a door? Then we blamed the cats and locked them in a room at night. A few nights ago, there was pee on my bedroom door and my door was shut. Hmmmm...

At 1:00 in the morning, my husband whispered in my ear.
"I know who's peeing!", he hissed.
I was pleased as punch to be woken up, but apparently this kind of news can't wait until morning.
He then regaled his story. He was up late watching tv, when he heard a shuffling sound, then a bang, then a stream of water. He thought the pipes had burst. Something had burst all right, but it wasn't related to our septic system.
It was our son.
He was sleepwalking and apparently dreaming about urinals.

What a great way to get my floors mopped by my favorite son!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, my son used to do this all the time! He would sleep walk and THINK he was in the bathroom. Drove me crazy. It went on for months. I posted about a bedwetting alarm a few days ago that I used for my kids who have DS. Maybe something like that would work? They have a pretty good range.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never a dull moment, right? Just one more thing to clean up.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!