"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, February 28, 2011

Sunday School

Every year I make the commitment for the kids to go to Sunday school. I don't really like it for many reasons. First, you have to wake up early, and rush around trying to find socks that match for four kids. Plus, they like parents to volunteer, which makes me break out in hives. Also, they want you to bake things, like homemade cupcakes with organic icing. My kids eat Fruit Loops for breakfast, so you can see my issues are prodigious.

Yesterday though, I realized I was wrong. They are learning some really wonderful things at Sunday School.

Anastasia rushed out of her class, grinning from ear to ear.
"What did you learn about God today sweetie?", I asked.

"Ummm, we colored a picture or something, but guess what!" she was really worked up.
Even I was starting to get excited as I anticipated a real revelation.
""My friend and I drew funny pictures of each other. I made Owen have a lettuce head and giant underwear! Then, we collected rocks."
Well, at least God might have gotten a good laugh!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!