"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Creative Homeschooling

Today, I took my camera out in the real world to document our exciting homeschooling efforts. My husband wasn't thrilled, especially when I took the camera into the bank and people kind of stared. I thought about taking a picture of him to capture the look on his face, but...some things are better left to the imagination.


First, we have physical education! Climbing daddy!


Next, we move on to recycling and learn how much garbage our family makes in two weeks!


In our math lesson, we learn to measure moving objects that are even larger than they appear.



Even the youngest learns. This lesson was about negotiating. Sit still at the bank and mommy will give you chips!




Lesson #4 You have the wonderful opportunity to do your schoolwork anywhere! Being happy about this is optional.



Sharing is caring!


Reading out loud to friends



Next we have our science experiment and service project. What's the easiest way to carry this ladder?! Then, we'll clean Grandma's gutters and observe the animals in the trees from on top of the roof!





Finally, we witnessed a miracle, my husband cooking dinner!


I certainly learned a lot! What did you do today?

1 comment:

  1. Very funny. Love it. Creative....did you see the little sweetie from Haiti that was posted??

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!