"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Friday, January 21, 2011

Saying Good-bye

I attended a funeral of my friend's mom today. I just can't imagine it. Her mom, gone, forever. How could my own mom die? She is my confidant, my other half, my best friend. She has been there for me when no one else would. She has listened to me ramble, complain and whine for 42 years (yep, I am old!). She know every nutty thing about me.

After the funeral, I drove straight to my mom's house, hugged her and begged, "You better start eating right! Don't die!!!!"

Thank you mom! I wouldn't be who I am without you!


Doesn't she look so excited to be opening a cheap, frozen meal (it's really a coupon to a spa). She had just given me the worst Christmas present ever - a cookbook! It's still in it's plastic wrap hiding in the closet under the blender.


Here's my mom with my 93 year old Grandma who lives with her! We are all named Catherine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!