"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Un-Happy Meals

My dear friends, if I ever tell you that I am going to take all my six kids out for fast food because it will be much easier than cooking....

slap me!!!!


My complicated order took three people to figure out (and they still got it wrong!). Then, a manager had to come and use a special key on the register before we could pay. Apparently, we had gone over the normal limit. I also had to print, as well as sign my name, on the receipt. I felt kind of like a celebrity, only an un-cool one.

I felt badly for the guy behind me who had to wait so long and then only ordered a coffee.

Things really spiced up after our order was ready.

Guess who spilled three cups of water? The babies? My four year old? No! My seventeen year old son. One of the cups of water started slowly sliding off the tray. He tried to catch it, but missed, and the floor looked like a lake. They had to bring out two buckets. A whole flock of birds could have migrated there for the cold months.


We finally got to the table and I began frantically attempting to dish out french fries and throw nuggets hither and yon.

Meanwhile, Catherine had already eaten several butter packets with a knife. Yummy! Isn't she dressed appropriately for fast food? She really did wear this.


Then someone spilled special sauce all over their new shirt (my son again, Francesca would never waste food).

By the time we got home, I was quite hungry. Of course, I never got a chance to eat.

"We forgot to get dessert!" Isabella piped up.

I tossed them a box of Lucky Charms and let them have at the marshmallows. Now I will be stuck with just the whole grains. Yuck!

3 comments:

  1. it may be chaos, but wow, it looks like so much fun!!! I hope one day I have a houseful just like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Back when our local McD's use to have the 2 cheeseburger meal I'd get one and split it with my little one (she was 3 or 4 at the time) and she use to call it an "Unhappy" meal because it had no toy! Of course, that was 1 child and now we're heading toward 7! EEK! What was life like with just one?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I adore this last picture! So fun to see your son in the middle of all the craziness and loving it :) I'm also relieved to see that you have (what look like) bags of clothes all over your house just like I always do. We get so many hand-me-dwons I wonder if people mistake us for a thrift store sometimes, you too? (Of course we are very thankful and never have to buy anything!)

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!