"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, February 12, 2012

The Tinker Toy Philosophy

As I watched my three youngest playing with Tinker toys today, I noticed that their creations seemed to reveal their future professions by how they played.


Victoria definitely has the makings of an engineer. She loves to figure things out.



She takes her work very seriously.




Little Catherine made a microphone out of her Tinker toys. She belted out some serious tunes. Notice the hands on her hips? She has attitude +. Perhaps she'll be a rock star? Or maybe a talk-show host?



Then there's Francesca. Sigh......maybe someday there will be a job that calls for eating sticks?

8 comments:

  1. I think Francesca has already proven her eating abilities are top notch...She's going to be a Chef!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or perhaps

    Dentist
    Oral Surgeon
    Expert on sensory learning
    Asian Chef

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww, super cute!!
    Francesca is going to be a writer! She hasn't learned how to read or write yet so what is she to do? Chew on her pencil!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to say Francesca can be one of those hot dog eating champs :) I have never seen plastic Tinker Toys before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know about Francesca or Victoria, but I do believe that Catherine will be General of the World! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe Francesca is practising playing some sort of mouth organ like the flute?...The next Jeanne Baxtresser
    maybe?... Very sweet girls - all of them so very precious! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I think Francesca will be an artist of some sort. She sees uses for things that other people don't...she's just avant-garde...

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!