"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Omnipotent

My children think I am some kind of super hero and have great powers.

Catherine begs me everyday in the car. "Move the sun Mommy. Please!!!!" Then, when I turn the car, the sun is amazingly gone from her eyes! She is always very impressed.
"Mommy moved the sun!" she tells her sisters.

I can also turn the light green by blowing on it.

I can make dinner when no one else could find anything in the refrigerator.


According to Isabella, I can make her sister play nicely with her with my mere glance, a look I like to call my "ferret face" (this look has also stopped my husband in his tracks from saying what is really on his mind when he sits down to my special dinners).

They say I can make a long car ride in traffic a real adventure in learning new words. Words we do not repeat!!!

I have stopped Anastasia in mid freak out at the movie store by leaping over a popcorn display to seize the desired movie before her whine pierced several ear drums.

I am cooler than all the other playground moms in their designer outfits, right? RIGHT???!!!

What are some of your super powers?

3 comments:

  1. Sometimes your posts make me laugh so hard people around here wonder what I'm reading! Congrats omnipotent momma!

    Oh and my superpowers? Forgetting appointments, being late to the ones I remember, making pb&j sandwiches, and I can make a mean cappucino (I just use the machine at Quick Trip).

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have that same supermama outfit!! (which i've been known to wear more than one time in a week to cut down on laundry, shhhhh dont tell!)

    my son thinks that i magically become beautiful by brushing my hair and putting on make-up and i can make boo boos quit hurting by kissing them! those are my super powers! i love that you can move the sun!! how cool is that??

    ReplyDelete
  3. You rock that outfit!!! Man, you have the coolest super powers!

    Hmm, what are my super powers. I can get all 4 of my children to eat any and all vegetables...without using butter! (or any topping or dip for that matter!) I'm sure this power will fade as they enter their teens. ; ) I also have the ability to push a shopping cart with one hand while simultaneously holding an infant in the other, taming a 2 in the seat of the cart (quite an amazing power in itself when the belt is broken.), keep a 4 SEATED amongst the groceries without smashing the bread and keep the 6 from falling off the back part of the cart. Yes, we get quite the looks when we go shopping w/o dad.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!