"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Holiday Happenings

Lots of exciting holiday fun happening around here!

We went to visit Santa last week. He was kind of a scary Santa. I guess he was trying to look merry, but I think he was wearing way too much blush. The kids looked pretty terrified. They wouldn't let me take any pictures with my camera either! The nerve! They wanted me to buy their expensive photo with creepy Santa.


I did get this great picture. Nothing says Christmas like a mouse with a bunch of heads.


I painted this outfit for Elliot 16 years ago! It's a good thing I saved it all these years, because I can't imagine actually having the time to paint something like this now!


My Santa kind of looks like the freaky Santa we visited.
s

Anastasia decided this year that she didn't believe in Santa anymore. I was so sad. Now that Christmas is almost here, she seems to be leaning towards the inclination that Santa is indeed real. I believe her change of heart stems from the fact that she just realized that Santa does indeed bring gifts, but only if you believe in him!


We also went with Carol to paint ornaments. Catherine was a big fan of mixing colors. She started off with a variety of colors, but her ornament came out brown. We decided she was going for the gingerbread look.
Can you guess who painted which ornaments?


We also visited with Travis' mom at the Cracker Barrel.








It really was a Christmas miracle that none of my children broke anything in the Cracker Barrel store.

4 comments:

  1. I love Cracker Barrel..lol. Looks like a great time. Merry Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love the twinkle in Victoria's eyes! Makes me smile. Merry Xmas to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think Cracker Barrel is designed for maximum breakage! Impressive!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures. The outfit that you painted so long ago is just perfect for you little blonde angel. Miss Victoria is getting prettier with each ounce she gains...and she looks happy!!! You have a beautiful family and I so enjoy reading about them. Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!