"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

12 Days of Christmas

I have attempted yet another song.....with lots of help from the kids. I know this song by heart now because they sang it at least 567,000,000 times today.

On the first day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, one son nagging me.



On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me, two boxes of spilled Cheerios (thanks Victoria!)



On the third day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, three dogs a drooling


On the fourth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, four sinks of dirty dishes

On the fifth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, five fabulous daughters



On the sixth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, six million unmatched socks

On the seventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, seven ornaments Francesca broke


On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, eight dozen broken cookies

On the ninth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, nine packages of empty tape rolls (and one present wrapped)

On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, ten batteries that don't work

On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, eleven trips to the grocery store

On the twelfth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me, twelve million stinky diapers

and one mom who is very lucky!


Send me your songs!!!! Only 96 more hours until Christmas - my kids are counting!

3 comments:

  1. LOL Love it!! Reminds me of my son's Christmas wish when he was 9... he wished for batteries... so all his annoying... ummm, I mean, wonderful!! toys would work again... dang it...and here I thought we would get away with them not making all that ummm lovely? noise

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok... You asked for Songs, here it goes...
    Dashing through the stores, in a hurry to get done, for the milk we go, teens arguing all the way. Bells on cell phones ring, making texting start, what joy it is they stopped glaring, they will survive the night! Oh, Jingle Bells, something smells, who forgot to flush? Toilet seat is up again, and no ones fed the pup oh, Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells Jingle All the Way, oh thank gosh they are all in bed, now I might have some peace!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness!!!!! You crack me up!!

    Brooke
    www.TheAnnessaFamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!