"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 12, 2012

Creativity

I think Victoria is getting tired a wee bit tired of just sitting in her wheelchair. She still has three more weeks to go. Today she started wiggling around and rocking from side to side, practically sliding herself off the wheelchair. I decided to lay her on the floor so she could (sort of) stretch out.

Of course, Francesca had to get in on the action. She's been army crawling everywhere.



The next thing I knew, Victoria was dragging herself around with one arm. She kind of tips her head up, thunks the back part of her cast down and propels herself in a circle. Pretty impressive! 


Hmmmm....how do I get that toy?



No problem! See Mom, there is no reason for you to worry. I will always find a way! 



Since Victoria was off being Miss. Independent, we decided to fix Francesca's cast, which are already coming apart. Duct tape is a wonderful thing and in such cool designs too! 


Thank you all for your wonderful, supportive comments! Hope everyone has a great Mother's Day! I am planning on sleeping late. I'll let you know how that goes! 





6 comments:

  1. Two precious girls who are so SMART, it's scary. Enjoy your sleep-in Mother's Day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You blog posts always make me quit whining about how hard/unfair/annoying I think my life is. Thank you for sharing your life with us. We're praying for the babies' recovery and for you to sleep in tomorrow :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how much more engaged Victoria is than when ya'll first met. :) Happy Mother's day! I'm hoping to get a nap. We'll see. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your sleep-in, hopefully the kids will sleep in too :) I bet Victoria loved being on the floor and trying to get around! Sending lots of love and prayers your way!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would it be possible to lay Victoria on a skateboard or some other wider, wheeled device so she could move around easier? I suppose if she rolled off it though that might not be good for the cast.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your girls are real go getters!!! I love reading about them and the pics you share.
    Happy Mother's Day!! You are an awesome one!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!