"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Rubberneckers

I can't imagine why people stare at us when we go out.

Today Francesca was walking down the sidewalk and suddenly there was a little duct tape boot laying on the ground. That's ok though because we were going to Wal-mart where we would be inconspicuous. Sort of.

You mean to tell me that most people don't walk around on their casts with duct tape on them?



Though lately, shopping at Wal-mart has kind of a different feeling than it used to. There is no browsing when I am carrying Victoria around the store.  I just get the milk and go!


I did find the time to buy this though.  I wouldn't want Francesca and Victoria to be the only colorful ones.




Alot of people ask if Francesca has been in an accident. They feel so sorry for her. Really though, she hasn't been too bothered by them this time. After all, she is a pro.




She is very adaptable! 


Poor Othello and his haircut. He looks like a pathetic poodle with his pom pom tail. Now I just need a bunch of pink plastic flamingos on my lawn to really impress the neighbors. Pink flamingos are probably not even allowed around here, sad.


Poor guy never even knew what hit him.



By the way, could 10 more people become my followers? Then I will have 300 followers! So cool! I know I will never be as hip as some of my friends who have 80,000 people reading their blog everyday, but 300 followers would be really exciting! You know, we really need some more excitement around here!

16 comments:

  1. there, now you only need 9 more followers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I'm already a follower...but just had to say how much I love this post on Miss F. She is a "mess" in the sweetest way. I just love her, she makes me smile whenever I see her pics. And Miss V. is looking very "smashing" in her orange and yellow. Go girls, we all know you can overcome it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now 8 ;) i thought i was already following you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL... you are so funny. Love the adaptable picture! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures! :) is miss Victoria sleeping better?

    ReplyDelete
  6. O.k. I'm following you. I only have five followers so if you want to follow mine you can!http://melissa-roomatthetable.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been reading your blog for some time. Now I'm "officially" following! I enjoy reading about your family! My blog is http://savinghissparrows.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm, maybe I'll join you with the purple hair...I've seen a kit with several colors, that would be fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never followed a blog before, but here goes (I hope).....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Line everybody up, put the dogs on leashes and see if you can stop traffic. That's a good pre summer event to try. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Once again you made my day. I just love your humor and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I just became official....I've been a follower of yours for quite some time now, but didn't realize I could actually be an OFFICIAL follower. I am both a nursing student and a homeschooling mom of 6 (only 4 still at home), with one on the autism spectrum. I love to take a break from my own crazy life to laugh with you about yours! You are a wonderful writer, and endlessly inspiring as well. I always come away from your blog feeling encouraged and uplifted, and how I have loved watching Victoria and Francesca heal and grow.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I've been reading forever but never signed up as a follower. I just followed and now you have 341. Sorry....but now you need to ask for 9 more to make it an even 350. : )

    ReplyDelete
  14. He looks like PUMBA!!! I LOVE IT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. and by the way...I have a measley 77 followers....great way to RUB IT IN!!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!