"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, July 25, 2011

The Universe.....

...must really enjoy laughing at me!

Really, I have some very inspiring, deep thoughts to write about, but my life keeps getting in the way.

So, what do I do about Catherine screaming for TWO solid hours because she doesn't want to take a nap, but as soon as I pick her up, she falls asleep? When I laid her down again, she screamed for another TWO hours.




My friend, Theresa, came over today to hang out. We were having such a fun, relaxing time, that I should have known to cue the "Jaws" music. Theresa went to pick up a pizza, but returned a minute later with a slight problem. Catherine had left her tricycle behind Theresa's car and she didn't see it, so, squish. Really it is my tricycle from when I was two. At least it was mine. My tricycle that I named "Huckleberry and that I have kept safe all these years safe from grubby little hands.

The problem was: How do we get the bent pieces of purple metal out from under the car? First, we tried being Wonderwoman and lifting up the car. We were actually surpised this didn't work. Then we thought we could just jack up the car, but that would require us actually knowing where a jack was and that we knew how to use one.


When it started raining we nixed being super heroes and called her husband. The only thing he could do was drive forward really fast until my little trike was dislodged.


Catherine pitched another fit at bedtime because she didn't get any Twizzlers. She is now sleeping in the hallway next to the dirty laundry because she whacked Francesca.

Somehow I don't feel that justice has been served.

3 comments:

  1. I cannot help but laugh when I read your entries. Have you ever considered doing stand up?
    It was great talking with you today and too bad we do not live closer. I TOTALLY could have lifted that car- WITH MY PINKIE;op Ha ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know you personally but I love your entries, they keep things so real and remind me that a sense of humor goes a looooong way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am sorry about your 'Huckleberry'! :-(

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!