"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The First

I can already tell that 2013 is going to be a great year! I made a bunch of resolutions that I am pretty sure I can keep. 

1. Stop eating so many vegetables.




(Did everyone eat the traditional black eyed peas? They are supposed to bring good luck. I figured we could use all the luck we can get, but Catherine was not thrilled.)


2. Get less sleep.



3. Stop being so concerned about the way we dress.



4. Find a new hiding place for my chocolate.

5. Cook more food that comes in a box.

6. Have some fun and appreciate each day!







Ta-da! I have already accomplished everything and it is only January 1st!!!

What are all your New Year resolutions?

Happy New Year!!! 





10 comments:

  1. Love it. are you going to C4C by chance? I'd love to meet you. reading your blog is good for my heart with all that is going on with our adoption.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You made me laugh big time on this!

    Denise

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy New Year! You, once again, made me LOL! Totally love your blog :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very funny blog post! Love your wit! I'm with Little Catherine...can't abide the black-eyed peas. Had a luscious cream of potato soup instead, made with cream cheese like Panera Bread makes it, since I live by myself and I can have my way...ha-ha!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I try to put an easy spin on my resolutions. So instead of lose 78 lbs and get in shape (I have a family history of early heart attacks): I resolved to 'not die of a heart attack in 2013'. So, a serious resolution becomes not so daunting but still motivating. My soon to be 16 year old resolved to be a 'better person than yesterday'---not sure what that entails but seems hard, but also vague enough to succeed. My 7 year old when asked said 'what's a resovalution? play with my friends more??? is that a resova..ah resoviewlation?'

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh, I never heard of black-eyed peas for luck. It was always kielbasa and saurkraut for good luck...which I didn't eat.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha ha ha!

    No black-eyed peas here, ewww!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!