"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, January 7, 2013

Just Another Manic Monday

....wish it was Sunday....or Saturday.

The day started with an unusual find under the dining room table. At first I thought it was one of the million toys always strewn about, so I picked it up with my fingers.

It was a bird.

We do not have a pet bird.

The bird did not have a head.

Then, Othello put his paws on the counter and ate an entire loaf of my mom's homemade bread. And a bagel.


Francesca peed on the floor. Again. 
(That's right Francesca, close your eyes and it will all go away.)


This was all before breakfast. (by the way, I had fudge for breakfast, which I think was very well deserved.)

I decided to go for a run (have I told you all that I am running again? I even got new cool pink shoes!) and take my mom's rather large dog, Milo, with me for fun.  He dragged me down the street and into the bushes.


I trudged back home and found little Catherine had dumped a million Legos all over the kitchen floor.

"Pick up the blocks Catherine.  Pick up the blocks, pick up the blocks, PICK UP THE BLOCKS!" (am I really speaking out loud or I am just imagining it?)

Now the aforementioned child is sitting in time out "starving to death."

I decided to hide in my office (the one with the sink and toilet in it) and found the cat. Apparently she was too darn tired to go to the litter box, so she pooped on the sink. And the floor. And the walls.

Can I be done now?



4 comments:

  1. Oh no!! That is quite the bad day. Tomorrow must be better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Luckily there is only one Monday each week. Praying the rest of the week makes up for today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I got a good laugh out of this post. Someday (in many, many years) you'll look back and get a laugh yourself :) Hoping Tuesday is sooooo much better.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!