"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Gingerly


Less than 72 hours until Christmas! The girls are counting the minutes. We decided to make our gingerbread houses today. This year, I got smart and everyone got to decorate their own house.


I think they should be a disclaimer on the box saying that the houses shown do not actually represent the finished product. Maybe we should have read the instuctions. 


Anastasia took her work very seriously.


Catherine was really into popping the packing bubbles.


She was not into sharing. (I gotta hide that pumpkin shirt!)


Joy, joy! My own candies!!! Francesca calls them "k k".


Victoria likes to live on the edge, licking icing off the knife with reckless abandon. 




Victoria abandoned any pretense of actually decorating her house. 




Such precision. 






I finally found something everyone can do together that keeps them busy: the box. Yea for cardboard! 

Time to watch one of my favorite movies, "Prancer". I highly recommend it! 


I just have to share my big find! I have been looking for a play kitchen for the little ones, but they cost a fortune.  I found this one at a thrift store for only $10! I can't wait to see the kids' faces on Christmas!

Did I mention only three more days until Christmas, not that I am excited or anything. 


3 comments:

  1. Had Christmas movie night with a friend the other night and saw "Prancer" for the first time...to say I cried would be an understatement!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Muppet Christmas Carol over here....What a GREAT FIND! (not the box, the kitchen) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mark and I bought that same kitchen for our girls years ago and paid over $100 for it! What a great find indeed!!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!