"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, May 15, 2011

Paris!!!!

We are in Paris!!! Right now it's 2 am. It is only about 50 degrees here. We went to the Effiel Tower, which I only did for my husband because I hate heights! Paris is not at all like I expected. To me, it's has a small town atmosphere. Families walking everywhere, kids even walk alone. Most people have been very nice. We got totally lost coming back to the hotel from the Effiel Tower. I think we walked for over an hour. We kept saying things looked familiar, but we were going in the wrong direction!!! There was a restaurant called the "Cafe Brassiere" that we saw several times, so we thought we knew where we were, but there were actually many Cafe Brassieres"! A man took the time to walk us the right street.

I don't think anyone noticed what I was wearing because they were too busy looking at the woman in the skin tight pants with stilettos. Sorry, I couldn't get a picture!

We ate french fries!

We met the nicest guy who owned this little restaurant.

Look at this cool tunnel at the Paris airprot. It's an enclosed moving sidewalk.

Of course, my stomach is being funky already!

Miss you all! In just three days, we will actually meet Nastya and Moira!!!

4 comments:

  1. Paris! You lucky duck!!!

    Thinking of you! Can't WAIT to see your girls :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an amazing journey to your baby's! Can't wait to see pictures of them with their parents!!!!

    Brooke Annessa
    www.theannessafamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. We went to Paris for our honeymoon!! I LOVE that city!! An 85 year-old man walked us 20 blocks to the Catacombs (which ended up being closed for repair!!) because he didn't want us to get lost!! There really are so many nice people there! Enjoy a bit of relaxation!!

    xoxoxxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. glad you made your first leg okay! I am just leaving my apartment now and have everything set to go-- email me/text me if you have any questions.
    Thanks!! :)
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!