"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Things I Learned Today


Planting a tree is a lot harder than it looks.....


.......except for the supervisor! 



That Georgia clay is tough stuff, but we were determined. 



Here we have the slacker.


See the teeny tiny shovel I had to work with? No wonder we were tuckered out. I was really looking forward to a little treat, maybe some Oreos, a few bites of some Ghirardelli squares, maybe an entire box of bag of Reese's peanut butter cups. Imagine my surprise, when I discovered my stash was completely depleted. I have no idea how this happened. Surely, I couldn't have eaten all of it myself. Devastating. 


So, the last thing I learned today was, in a pinch, sprinkles can be just as satisfying as a some luscious chocolate. 

Yea, right. 

First thing in the morning, I am paying a visit to the candy store to replenish my survival kit. 

1 comment:

  1. I love your blog! Even though I have never commented, I read every day! Your kids are amazing and so are you!

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!