"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Monday, October 17, 2011

Guest Blogger -$1250 MATCHING GRANT!!!!!!! --- Let's rally for Francesca and Victoria

Hello from Houston! This is Catherine's friend Jen (letsfillthevan) and I am writing as a guest blogger today. Catherine is a precious, dear friend. She was kind of in the delivery room with me ... LOL it was actually the Orphanage Director's office .. but it was almost as painful as labor! Catherine accompanied my hubby and I to the orphanage on the day we met our kids. She was a huge moral support and lovingly photographed the days events.

I am not nearly as witty as Catherine, but I am not here for wit. I am here to seriously ask for help for the girls. This is a huge request and prayer to our Heavenly Father for total provision for these girls. Catherine needs help and she does not want to ask you for it. Asking for help is hard, especially when money is involved. But, the reality is that Francesca and Victoria need surgery and I am here to ask on their behalf. Yesterday, October 17th a deposit of $4610, was needed to secure Francesca's surgery appointment. Today, October 18th, a deposit of $923 is needed to secure Victoria's surgery, totalling $5533.00

So, how can you help? First, please pray, pray for the girls, pray for Catherine, pray for their travel, pray for the doctors and the medical staff, pray for recovery and travels home. Second, if you can, make a donation - of ANY size. Third, share this on your blog, Facebook, Twitter. Fourth, pray again and keep praying.

A VERY GENEROUS DONOR HAS SET UP A MATCHING GRANT FOR THE NEXT 48 HOURS EACH AND EVERY DONATION TO CATHERINE'S CHIPIN WILL BE DOUBLED UP TO $1250.00. Please , please donate if you can, these next 48 hours are critical.




And ... I am sure you are curious as to why a doctor in Texas is being used. The answer to that question is two fold ... Dr. F is being used because he is the best in his field. If your child were going to have their entire skull reshaped, wouldn't you want the best person to perform the surgery? If Francesca had been born in the U.S., she would have had surgery when she was three or four months old. When you look at pictures of Francesca, you can see that she is in need of the surgery. Reconstruction of her entire skull is a major surgery. MAJOR. In addition to the reconstruction of her skull, she is also having a cleft pallate repair and tubes put in her ears to help alleviate recurring ear infections.

Also, Little Catherine had her skull reshaping done by Dr. F. when she first come home.

Thank you for reading my less than entertaining but very important guest post!

God Bless!
Jen @ letsfillthevan

6 comments:

  1. This weeks mad money has been sent to help out the girls! Will be praying hard!
    HUGS
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete
  2. We get paid on Wednesday. I for sure will be back. That gives me enough time to go through the freezer and see what I already have. I can probably come up with a few more dollars by not buying meat this week. I am in love with these sweet little girls. I am blessed to be able to help in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to help:) I'll re- post on fB too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying that all the money is raised for the girls today. I wasn't able to give a lot, but I do believe when we all work together, miracles happen! Can't wait to see what God is going to do. Catherine blesses us all with her love for her children and her positive attitude.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank You All, we are at $2750 at 11:15AM Tuesday Morning. Please keep sharing the post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had hoped to give more. But I have to say I am happy to be able to help at all. I am praying that your trip goes well. Much love, debi

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!