"What lies behind us, and what lies before us are small matters
compared to what lies within us."
- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Surprising Sunday

Today, I went shopping alone, which was surprising in itself. I was hoping to get some things for the trip - which is only 2 weeks away!!!!

I found two Lands End backpacks at a thrift store for only $2.00!!! I got a pair of capris, since no one wears shorts in Eastern Europe, no matter how hot it is. The capris are orange, which is unfortunate, since most people there wear black.

I still haven't bought any clothes for Nastya and Moira, partly because I have no idea of their size, but also, I have this fear that if I do prepare too much, something bad will happen. I know this is ridiculous, but I still keep waiting for a disaster to strike!

I went by my mom's house to show her my exciting purchases and while we were talking, she shut the door, locking us out!!! We tried the back doors, the garage door, but her house is like a fortress. Except for the windows. I ended up having to take off a screen and climb through the window. Now, my back is killing me!!

Catherine surprised me by helping me clean.
"Mommy, mommy, I washed the windows for you!" she cheered.
I didn't see any cleaning supplies around, so I asked her how she washed them.
"With my tongue!" she said proudly.
YUCK!!!!!

Anastasia got lost at the store with Travis, my husband. He said he was running around the store like a crazy person looking for her. Meanwhile, she was at the customer service desk calmly waiting for him. He was so distraught that he bought everyone a slushy. Nothing calms you down like frozen sugar with food dye!

Did anyone else have an exciting weekend?

3 comments:

  1. Is that my windows look like they do?

    ReplyDelete
  2. So if I see someone in uknow where in orange capri's it is YOU!! Oh Catherine cracks me up! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. that must be some tongue! She's one talented girl :) AND you save on window cleaner.

    ReplyDelete

Sorry, I have to moderate comments because of spam!